Lead Instructor: PFI Instructor
Daggon "Chris" Bustad
- PFI manual
- PFI T-Shirt
- Access to the private PFI YahooGroups list and Members Only web pages
- PFI certification post course
You can do the course using Surf, scuba, snorkel gear but having specific Freedive gear will improve your comfort and performance.
- Mask, fins and snorkel -Preferably low volume mask and long blade fins.
- Wetsuit with gloves and boots - 5mm freediving suit is required for pool and ocean sessions. Good freediving suit with attached hood is perfect. If your hood is not attached please bring a separate one.
- Weights and weight belt - Having a rubber weight belt with an assortment of smaller weights to adjust for proper buoyancy.
- Digital Timing devise like a timed watch or a freedive computer
James and Joseph Spearfishing Shop sells and rents Freediving gear. They are located at 2040 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 or call them at 619.295.3705 (let them know PFI sent you).
Location Info (Addresses)
San Diego (California, US)
Class and Pool sessions will be held at: Oceanside Scuba and Swim Center located at 225 Brooks Street, Oceanside, CA 92054
Open Water Sessions: The ocean sessions will be from shore at La Jolla shores beach located at the end of Avenida de La Jolla, La jolla, CA. 92037.
The following schedule is subject to change. The course starts at 8am sharp.
- Day 1: Class from 8am-2pm, Pool 3-6pm (1hr lunch break around noon)
- Day 2: Class from 8am-3pm, Pool 4-6pm
- Day 3: Two Ocean sessions 9am-5pm (lunch break between dives-bring lunch)
- Day 4: 9am-1pm Ocean session