You do not need freediving specific equipment for this class, though it is preferred. Surf or SCUBA gear is acceptable.
Some equipment may be rented or purchased from Coral Edge Adventures.
· Mask: Prober diving mask, preferably low volume mask
· Fins: Good fins; preferably long blade fins (Not Snorkeling fins)
· Snorkel: Best ones are going to be the simple ones
· Wetsuit with gloves, hood, and socks:
· Weights and Weight belt: Having a rubber weight belt, weights will be available for use
Blue Stone Dive Resort (Thomasville, North Carolina, US)
Blue Stone Dive Resort
3179 Cunningham Road
Thomasville, NC 27360
Since bunkhouse, classroom, and Confined Water are all on site at the facility.
Schedule is subject to change based on needs of Students
Friday: Classroom & Watermanship Skills
Saturday: AM Pool Session & PM Openwater Session.
Sunday: Open Water Session
Accommodations are available in the onsite bunkhouse for $25 per night
There are an assortment of smaller hotels in the area: