Lead Instructor: PFI Instructor
- PFI Manual
- PFI T-shirt
- PFI Online Pre-Learning
- Access to the PFI Yahoogroups list and Members Only section website
- Certification post course
This is not a Freedive specific course so your gear does not need to be Freedive specific. You can rent gear at any dive store.
- Mask, fins and snorkel – Preferably low volume mask and long blade fins or mono fin.
- Wetsuit with gloves and boots – 3mm freediving suit is required for pool and ocean sessions. Good freediving suit with attached hood is perfect.
- Weights and weight belt – Having an assortment of smaller weights to adjust for proper buoyancy is a must.
- Depth and/or timing device – A waterproof watch at the very least, better yet a freediving computer is perfect.
Check out general gear recommendations.
Don’t worry about lines, floats and those sorts of things, we’ll bring that. We also travel with an assortment of freediving computers for you to try out as well. Along with all of this we’ll video your clinic so you can review each day, your skills in the water as they improve.
Location Info (Addresses)
Kona (Hawaii, US)
Classroom and Pool Sessions: Jack’s Diving Locker, 75-5813 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740
View Larger Map
Open Water Sessions: For the open water training, we’ll be diving from shore at the City of Refuge which is located about a 30min from Kona. Directions will be given at the start of the course.
The following schedule is for the Breath-Hold Surf Survival program and is subject to change. Other courses follow different daily schedules. All courses start at 8am sharp on Day 1 unless otherwise stated.
- Class 8am-2pm (1 hour lunch break around noon)
- Pool 3-6pm
- Pool 8-10am
- Food break 10-11am
- Classroom 11am-1pm
- Open water 2-6pm
- Open water session 9am-1pm
Local Area Travel Recommendations
There are many hotel options in the Kona area. Web sites such as hotels.com and Expedia.com can help you find one in your price range. Some of the closer hotels are the Kona Islander, Uncle Billy’s, and Royal Kona Resort.
You will need a car to get between the class/pool location and the open water site.