Lead Instructor: PFI Instructor
- PFI Intermediate Freediver Standards and Proceedures
- PFI IFI Standards & Proceedures
- Access to all IFI materials (slides, videos, etc)
- Mask, fins and snorkel – Low volume mask and long blade fins.
- Wetsuit with gloves and boots – 3mm freediving suit is required for pool and ocean sessions. Good freediving suit with attached hood is perfect.
- Weights and weight belt – Having an assortment of smaller weights to adjust for proper buoyancy is a must.
- Freediving computer
- Underwater Slate
Location Info (Addresses)
Kona (Hawaii, US)
Classroom and Pool Sessions
Jack’s Diving Locker, 75-5813 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740
View Larger Map
Open Water Sessions
For the open water training, we’ll be diving from shore at the City of Refuge which is located about a 30min from Kona. Directions will be given at the start of the course.
- Evening class session to cover S & P (of both IFD and IFI course)
- 8am-2pm Classroom (1 hour lunch break around noon)
- 3-6pm Pool
- 8-10am Pool
- 11am-1pm Classroom
- 2pm-6pm Open Water
- 8am-1pm Classroom
- 2-6pm Open Water
Local Area Travel Recommendations
There are many hotel options in the Kona area. Web sites such as hotels.com or Expedia.com can help you find one in your price range. Some of the closer hotels are the Kona Islander, Uncle Billy’s, and Royal Kona Resort.
If you are in Kona before the course or after the course and want to get out Freediving or whale watching/dolphin watching then contact Wild Hawaii Ocean Encounters. Wild Hawaii Ocean Encounters is owned and operated by past PFI Instructor and PFI co-founder Brett LeMaster.