Lead Instructor: PFI Instructor
- Safety Freediver Workbook
- Certification Card(s)
- Class, Pool and Open Water instruction
- Inviation to the PFI members only webiste and Yahoogroups
- PFI Supervisor Freediver Workbook
- DAN-Pre-Learning, Slates and bandage package
- PFI Instructor Manual
- PFI Polo
- Inviation to the PFIPro's members only webiste and Yahoogroups
- Option to post the PFI Datbase to list and sell your programs
- Access to Professional Liability Insurance
- Mask, fins and snorkel – Low volume mask and long blade fins and or Monofin.
- Wetsuit – 3mm freediving suit is required for pool and ocean sessions. Good freediving suit with attached hood is perfect.
- Weights and weight belt – Having an assortment of smaller weights to adjust for proper buoyancy is a must. Nech weights are allowed and encouraged.
- Depth and/or timing device – A waterproof watch at the very least, better yet a freediving computer is perfect.
- Erasable Dive Slate (8"x10" is perfect)
It is also a very good idea to purchase DAN Insurance. www.diversalertnetwork.org
Location Info (Addresses)
Kona (Hawaii, US)
Classroom and Pool Sessions
Jack’s Diving Locker, 75-5813 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740
View Larger Map
Open Water Sessions
For the open water training, we’ll be diving from shore at the City of Refuge which is located about a 30min from Kona. Directions will be given at the start of the course.
Schedule is subject to change.
Day 1: IFD Crossover Exam
Day 2 and 3: Safety Freediver
Day 3: Class 8AM-2PM; Pool 3PM-6PM
Day 4 and 5: Freediver Supervisor
Day 6: OFF or Optional DAN Instructor Course (additional $600)
Day 7 and 8: Freediver Instructor Exam
Local Area Travel Recommendations
There are many hotel options in the Kona area. Web sites such as hotels.com or Expedia.com can help you find one in your price range. Some of the closer hotels are the Kona Islander, Uncle Billy’s, and Royal Kona Resort.