Lead Instructor: PFI Instructor
- PFI Intermediate manual
- PFI T-Shirt
- Access to the private PFI YahooGroups list and Members Only web pages
- PFI certification post course
You can buy or rent freedive specific gear from James and Joseph shop in San Diego.
- Mask, fins and snorkel -Preferably low volume mask and long blade fins.
- Wetsuit with gloves and boots - 5mm-7mm freediving suit is required for pool and ocean sessions. Good freediving suit with attached hood is perfect. If your hood is not attached please bring a separate one.
- Weights and weight belt - Having a rubber weight belt with an assortment of smaller weights to adjust for proper buoyancy.
- Digital Timing devise like a timed watch or a freedive computer
James and Joseph Spearfishing Shop sells and rents Freediving gear. They are located at 2040 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 or call them at 619.295.3705 (let them know PFI sent you). Use this link to reserve your rental gear: https://app.hellosign.com/s/24641244
Location Info (Addresses)
San Diego (California, US)
Classroom sessions will be held at: Hilton San Diego Airport/ Harbor Island, 1960 Harbor Island Dr, San Diego Ca 92101
Pool sessions will be held at: The Salvation Army Kroc Center, 6845 University Avenue?San Diego, CA 92115
Open Water Sessions: The ocean sessions will be from shore at La Jolla shores beach located at the end of Avenida de La Jolla, La jolla, CA. 92037.
The following schedule is subject to change. The course starts at 8am sharp.
- Day 1: Class from 8:00am-1:00pm, Pool 2:30pm-5:30pm
- Day 2: Pool 8-10am, Class 11:30am-1:00pm, Open Water session #1 2:00pm-6:00pm
- Day 3: Classroom 8:00am-1:00pm, Open water session #2 2:00pm-6:00pm
- Day 4: Open water session #3 9:00am-1:00pm
Local Area Travel Recommendations
Hilton San Diego Airport/ Harbor Island, 1960 Harbor Island Dr, San Diego Ca 92101