Lead Instructor: PFI Instructor
- PFI Intermediate manual
- PFI T-Shirt
- Access to the private PFI YahooGroups list and Members Only web pages
- PFI certification post course
You can buy or rent freedive specific gear from 8 Diving Co. in Des Moines.
- Mask, fins and snorkel -Preferably low volume mask and long blade fins.
- Wetsuit with gloves and boots - 5mm-7mm freediving suit is required for pool and ocean sessions. Good freediving suit with attached hood is perfect. If your hood is not attached please bring a separate one.
- Weights and weight belt - Having a rubber weight belt with an assortment of smaller weights to adjust for proper buoyancy.
- Digital Timing devise like a timed watch or a freedive computer
8 Diving Co. sells and rents Freediving gear. They are located at 22311 Marine View Dr S, Des Moines, WA 98198 or call them at (206) 429-3480 (let them know PFI sent you). Their website may be found https://www.8diving.com
- It is also a very good idea to purchase DAN Insurance. www.diversalertnetwork.org
Location Info (Addresses)
Seattle (Des Moines, Washington, US)
Classroom sessions will be held at: 8 Diving Co. 22311 Marine View Dr S, Des Moines, WA 98198
Pool sessions will be determined
Open Water Sessions: The ocean sessions will be held Redondo Beach Pier in Des Moines.
The following schedule is subject to change. The course starts at 8am sharp.
- Day 1: Class from 8:00am-1:00pm, Pool 2:30pm-5:30pm
- Day 2: Pool 8-10am, Class 11:30am-1:00pm, Open Water session #1 2:00pm-6:00pm
- Day 3: Classroom 8:00am-1:00pm, Open water session #2 2:00pm-6:00pm
- Day 4: Open water session #3 9:00am-1:00pm
Local Area Travel Recommendations
There are many hotels in the area, The Marina Inn (22300 7th Ave S, Des Moines, WA 98198 206-824-9920 http://seattlemarinainn.com/ ) is located very close to the classroom and just down the street from the dive site.